Saturday, November 23, 2013

Still Quiet Mornings

When you have a new baby, its those early morning hours that seem like they will be the hardest. And yes often times I lay there for a minute more before I go into the nursery and yes there are times I fall asleep in the rocker as I feed Calvin but really they aren't so bad. Its also in the those early morning hours that I get to praise God for the sweet blessing of being a mommy. All the sleep training books say dont look your baby in the eye at night, dont talk to them, and barely turn on any lights. I can honestly say they do work (for us) but I dont always follow the rules.  After he eats I take him over to the changing table and change his diaper. And in the dim light I totally look him right in the eyes. Im not sure how he can see me because it is so dark in the room but almost every time a smile as big as can be appears on his face.  It's only for about 5seconds that I do this but I cant help it. He is so precious. O how I praise God for these small little quiet moments. I then swaddle him up, rock for a few minutes, lay him down, and head out of his room.

As Im walking out Im hoping and praying Ill be able to get at least a few more hours of sleep before the day starts.  And then I see Lucas' door... I ask my self, "Should I go in?" "He might need me to pick his paci's up off the floor?". This soon became a trend. I just love to see my boys just laying there asleep. Those still quiet moments are so precious!  (Especially Lucas, still and quiet are no were in his personality.) But I go in his room and catch a glimpse of my handsome boy.  I love how he sleeps with his butt up in the air. It's so cute.  I only look for a few second but those seconds are well worth it.

I then head off to bed, once again I am praying for whatever sleep I get for the rest of the night that it would feel like hours. More hours than I can imagine. Even if it is only for another 1hr 1/2. I pray that it feels that I have slept all night. My head hits the pillow and well Im filled with joy because I look over in the still quiet early morning and I get to fall asleep with the one I love. Yes, for a few short seconds I stare at my husband.



This is why those early morning hours are not so bad. I love getting to see my family. They are fast asleep and will never know but these moments are huge! I truly praise God for my three guys.  Im a lucky, lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment